FORUMS: list search recent posts

Digital Cinema Display/DVCPRO HD 720p60 - NOT WORKING!!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Evan Hall
Digital Cinema Display/DVCPRO HD 720p60 - NOT WORKING!!
on Sep 18, 2009 at 4:41:12 pm

So I am using Final Cut Pro 6.06 and I use a 2nd (somewhat older) IBM monitor for my video playback using Digital Cinema Display. It seems to work fine when I work with a sequence that is DV/DVCPRO - NTSC but the footage freezes on a new HD project that is DVCPRO HD 720p60. I really dont understand this. I have read several other threads concerning the use of DCDP and found that some people have had the problem of the footage freezing on the first frame when using it but I am a bit miffed since it works with one kind of sequence but not another. Any thoughts? Is DVCPRO HD just not compatible with DCDP? Is my 2nd monitor the problem since it is somewhat older and pre-HD revolution?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Digital Cinema Display/DVCPRO HD 720p60 - NOT WORKING!!
on Sep 18, 2009 at 5:28:35 pm

Hmmm...might be the monitor? Because I can do DCP with DVCPRO HD no problem.

Do you have VIEW>EXTERNAL>ALL FRAMES chosen?

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Evan Hall
on Sep 18, 2009 at 6:16:07 pm

Yes.

Under VIEW>EXTERNAL VIDEO>ALL FRAMES is selected.

Another strange phenomenon... Set as my MAIN monitor I have a nice Samsung SyncMaster2253lw... which is a decent lcd screen. I tried switching the MAIN screen to be the older monitor so that the newer monitor would become the DCD display screen and still... same problem.

Could this be an issue of RAM? I am running this system of FCP with about 100mb less RAM than technically required however, I have noticed ABSOLUTELY NO issues in FCP as a result of this.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Sep 18, 2009 at 6:20:23 pm

I don't think it could be RAM.

#44: FCP acting weird - Trash Prefs

Shane's Stock Answer #44: FCP acting weird or unusual. Just not like is normally should

If the program was working fine, and now isn't, or just isn't working the way it should, the first things to do are:

1) Trash your FCP preferences. Download the Preference Manager from Digital Rebellion: http://www.digitalrebellion.com/pref_man.htm

http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/trashing_fcp_prefs.html

2) Open the Disk Utility and Repair Permissions.

3) Shut down for 10 min. Go for a quick walk around the block and get SOME exercise today. Come back, turn on the computer and see how things are.

4) (optional) Do the Hokey Pokey and turn your self about. Results may vary.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]