FORUMS: list search recent posts

multicam ex3/separate audio syncing workflow..help!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Darryl David
multicam ex3/separate audio syncing workflow..help!
on Sep 16, 2009 at 2:49:52 pm

Hello, Here is what I am dealing with. We just shot a 3 camera multicam shoot. The timecode was jammed for all cameras. The cameras start and stop quite often. So we will have a number of clips in the browser once we transcode. The audio will be delivered separately. My question is how to set up for a multicam edit. There are a number of mics up to six of them. How do I sync them up and then how to I create a multiclip from them. I think we will be working in the pro res proxy format. So the exporting of reference movies won't work. There is a great little app called PluralEyes. You can drop all your clips into a sequence and it syncs everything up for you. but their workflow is to export a reference movie then reimport that. That won't work because we will need to uprez for final delivery to the broadcaster.

http://www.singularsoftware.com/autosync/

I was talking with the camera op about setting the camera to continuous record. That means that when the camera stops and starts a new clip is not generated. Would this help for our next shoot?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

dedit
freelance editor
toronto

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]