FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video Cards

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Troyansky
Video Cards
on Sep 16, 2009 at 2:31:00 pm

Hello all,

Looking for a referrals here. I'm working with a Mac Pro with 2 2.93ghz quad core intel xeon processors, 6gb 1066mhz ddr. with a NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 graphics card. I was looking to upgrade to a card with 2 DVI ports. Right now i have a 30 inch apple cinema HD display but am looking to expand to two monitors. The director likes to look at things in full screen and this single monitor can get jumbled. I was looking at the XFX Radeon HD 4870 1GB DDR5 750MHz 256-bit PCI-E 2.0 CrossFireX Video Card as a possibility for something not to costly, or do you think it would be easier to go with the 24" LED display with the mini display port? I don't need another huge monitor right now but maybe it would be wise to have a second DVI port for the future? Any recommendations for monitors or cards would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Matt

Return to posts index

Alex Elkins
Re: Video Cards
on Sep 16, 2009 at 3:06:38 pm

[Matthew Troyansky] "do you think it would be easier to go with the 24" LED display with the mini display port? I don't need another huge monitor right now but maybe it would be wise to have a second DVI port for the future?"

Hi Matthew,

If your graphics card has a mini display port connection you can buy an adapter from Apple which attaches a DVI port to the mini display port. This would be by far the cheapest option if that's your concern.

All the best,
Alex Elkins

Return to posts index

Matthew Troyansky
Re: Video Cards
on Sep 16, 2009 at 4:46:01 pm

That is an excellent suggestion. Thank you, i was not aware of the adapter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]