FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting gives constant "Not Found" error

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Irene Driessen
Exporting gives constant "Not Found" error
on Sep 16, 2009 at 8:38:12 am

Hello,

I'm working on a rather large but otherwise straightforward project: just a 55min talk consisting of mov-clips, some aiff music and two little Motion template things as an intro and an outtro.

However, when I finished yesterday, I first couldn't render the thing, because FCP complained with a tiny window that just says 'Not Found' and an OK button.

Then I managed to render, sent it to Compressor to make a .mov, and twice that whole operation failed (of course, in the end, after an hour or 2 :S) with the same 'not found' complaint in FCP and a "QuickTime -50" error in Compressor - or actually, that was only visible in Batch Monitor.
This morning I tried to make a .wmv instead, which seemed to work, but after 3 hrs it turned out that it only had put in audio, whilst the Compressor settings said it would include video as well.

I'm using FCS3 on an 8-core MacPro with 12Gb ram and lots of HD space.

Any ideas how I can fix this would be greatly appreciated!

Irene

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Exporting gives constant "Not Found" error
on Sep 16, 2009 at 12:21:10 pm

Hi Irene,
Is possible that some media or the Motion Templates are causing the problem.
Try to rendering in the time-line in batches.
Cheers,
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Sep 16, 2009 at 3:00:21 pm

Select portions of the timeline and render using "render selection" rather than "render all" until you determine which clip(s) is/are causing the problem.

Return to posts index

Anja Frey
on Sep 16, 2009 at 2:59:54 pm

I just had the same problem last night — and found a solution. Maybe and hopefully it works for you also: The problem was caused by changing the external hard drive with the render files to another drive. This happens accidentally, because I started FCP with the external drive switched off. Since then FCP writes everything on the internal drive instead of the correct one. So when I start the down mix, the program missed some files and crashed.

What I did — and it solved the problem — was deleting all the rendering files with the render manager and switch the hart disk in the fcps system settings back to the external drive. After a long time of rendering again - but on the correct hard drive - I start the mix down and export again — and it works perfect.

The only thing I didn't find a solution for is that some files of the last thing I did (voice over) are now on the internal (wrong) drive. I copied them to the correct drive but don't know how to tell FCP to link to this files. But as everything works for the moment, I am quite happy.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Sep 16, 2009 at 5:23:53 pm

[Anja Frey] "...the last thing I did (voice over) are now on the internal (wrong) drive. I copied them to the correct drive but don't know how to tell FCP to link to this files..."

You can highlight the audio files in question, right-click and use the relink media command, then save & quit. Then move the original files on the internal drive to a temporary location, then open the project to confirm that everything's okay.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Anja Frey
on Sep 17, 2009 at 12:45:26 pm

"You can highlight the audio files in question, right-click and use the relink media command, then save & quit. Then move the original files on the internal drive to a temporary location, then open the project to confirm that everything's okay. "

Thank you very much! Works like a charm - and everything is now at the proper place!

Return to posts index

dean Shull
on Jul 28, 2012 at 3:15:42 am

I have several color correction type filters on a trailer that I am trying to render this sucker and I have been getting the OUT OF MEMORY and NOT FOUND ERRORS.

I thought I would try to find the culprit by rendering clips in small sections, and for some reason it is working. In other words although I tried to render the entire trailer in one pass I would get these errors, however when rendering in sections it works just fine. I am working on a topped out MAC PRO with lots of RAM so Im not sure what was causing it, but this workaround worked for me.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]