FORUMS: list search recent posts

JVC GY HM 700 PROHD files in FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sachin Desai
JVC GY HM 700 PROHD files in FCP
on Sep 15, 2009 at 7:26:48 pm

Hello Everyone!

i'm planing to buy JVC's new ProHD camera GYHM700 wich records in full HD 1080 25p in mov format.

I did the test shoot with the demo camera from the company. when I copied the footage. the quality is excellent and when i imported it to fcp i accepted my timeline setting to change to match clip settings. all worked well. but when i sent the timeline to color the clips came blank with cross marks. what should be the reason.

i've FCS-2, FCP 6.03, and color 1.0.1.

do i need any other codecs? or need to download some fcp updates? or should I upgrade my FCS2 to FCS3

thanks
sachin

Return to posts index

Arnie Schlissel
Re: JVC GY HM 700 PROHD files in FCP
on Sep 16, 2009 at 2:14:28 am

This camera records in MPEG format. Color is not compatible with most MPEG formats, and that version of Color is not compatible with any MPEG.

If you want to use Color, you'll need to transcode your footage into something Color can understand, preferably ProRes or uncompressed.

Arnie

Post production is not an afterthought!
http://www.arniepix.com/

Return to posts index

Sachin Desai
Re: JVC GY HM 700 PROHD files in FCP
on Sep 16, 2009 at 3:16:27 am

hi Arnie,

in this jvc 700 camera it records in .mov, and they claim that its fcp competible mov files that true but i also thought the same the way you thought. may be the file is mov but the encoder they is mpeg4.

so if i upgrade to color 1.5 do you have any idea if it will work or not.

thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]