FORUMS: list search recent posts

Footage not syncing when rendered

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Tetamore
Footage not syncing when rendered
on Sep 15, 2009 at 6:21:15 pm

There's probably a better way to explain this, but here goes. I have DV footage in a viewer - set an in and out - edit into a sequence. Everything is fine. Then I render that section (it's being inserted into an HD timeline, yes painful).

BUT, after rendering the clip the footage changes to a different point in the original video segment that I lifted the clip from. For instance, I pull a 2 second clip from 50 seconds in and after rendering the clip now references a different portion of the video from 23 seconds. Weirdest thing I've ever encountered.

Same thing happens with a still image. I create a still image of a frame in the original video and once rendered or even exported, the resulting still frame is from a different point in the original video.

Any thoughts?

The Visual Rabbi
TheVisualChurch.com
"Crafting Visual Messages to Engage and Persuade"

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Footage not syncing when rendered
on Sep 15, 2009 at 6:25:13 pm

Sounds as if your prefs need trashing immediately... So, don't pass go, don't collect $200, but do trash your prefs.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Brian Tetamore
Re: Footage not syncing when rendered
on Sep 15, 2009 at 9:32:33 pm

Thanks David. I needed that "Get out of Jail Free" card.

Seemed to do the trick. That was bizarre. After all these years, I still encounter new things. Oh, the joys of editing.

God's best,
Brian

The Visual Rabbi
TheVisualChurch.com
"Crafting Visual Messages to Engage and Persuade"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]