FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVC INTRA - renaming files in Final Cut

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Jones
AVC INTRA - renaming files in Final Cut
on Sep 15, 2009 at 11:25:56 am

I am editing a big project with footage from P2 cards. As I have version 7, I am using the log / transfer window and am converting to quicktime files. I am wondering if I can rename the files in final cut. It would make life much easier, but this project will be going somewhere else for a grade. I am not sure if it will match back to the original files.

As it is a drama, i usually label each file ep/sc/shot/take. As they won't be able to this on set, i only get year/month/day. I'd like to change it in final cut.

I'd be really grateful for an advice about renaming files.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: AVC INTRA - renaming files in Final Cut
on Sep 15, 2009 at 12:59:18 pm

You should rename the metadata so that when you do the online, the metadata names will match. What system is doing the online?

Here's a primer that was done before AVC-I was native to FCP, but all the same rules apply now for AVC-I.

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/garchow_jeremy/dvc_pro_hd.php

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Kevin Jones
on Sep 15, 2009 at 1:37:10 pm

The online will be done on smoke.

I will not be loading all the P2 footage onto the computer. The person loading it, will not have the time to add extra metadata. Very basic metadata will be put on by the cameraman. Ideally I would rename the files in fcp. I will most likely give the online a quicktime + a consolidated version of each episode. I will only need to match back to the original files if my drive is corrupt. My hope is that I can match back!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 15, 2009 at 1:59:49 pm

Got ya. Yes, FCP will track that information ( meaning if you lose your QT Movies, FCP can batch capture from the MXF files) but, the Smoke will not be able to match back easily to the MXF files. Check out P2 Flow to quickly and easily add metadata to P2 material.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]