FORUMS: list search recent posts

g5 second video card?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Warren
g5 second video card?
on Sep 13, 2009 at 11:01:59 pm

I am trying to help out my girlfriends mom. She uses final cut pro and after effects. She has a single CPU G5 1.8ghz with 4gb of ram and a radeon 9800 pro in the AGP slot. The 9800 is running dual monitors.
She also has a 46" 1080p LCD on the desk that she would like to mirror the main monitor onto in 1920 x 1080.

I am assuming that I can simply install a PCI video card and use a DVI cable to the LCD. What cheap PCI card that works on a g5 would you guys recommend? Will the mac OS allow an easy mirror of the main display, while there is a second monitor present.

Also until we get that setup, I ran an SVGA cable to the LCD but can find no options allowing me to mirror anything or even detect a tv in the drivers, am I missing something?

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: g5 second video card?
on Sep 14, 2009 at 3:26:28 am

Hi Richard,
i don't think you have many options for the card.
When I changed the one of my G5, the only model available was the "ATI radeon 9600".
Is 256MB cache and two DVI ports.

[Richard Warren] "Also until we get that setup, I ran an SVGA cable to the LCD but can find no options allowing me to mirror anything or even detect a tv in the drivers, am I missing something?"
Open the Display preference. You will find the "Detect Monitors". Once you have the second one working you will see the Mirror option.
Set "Recent Items: 10".
Cheers,
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]