FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rendering "General Error"

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christian Garzone
Rendering "General Error"
on Sep 13, 2009 at 7:31:44 pm

Dear Sirs/Ma'ams,

With some of my older .mov files, I have copyrighted songs in them. I made them ages ago in iMovie. Anyway, I want to replace those audio tracks with something royalty-free. However, upon importing them into Final Cut Express, the audio needs rendering right away (red line) and it won't render. A dialogue box appears saying "general error". Is there ANY way around this? I just want to change some tracks in some of my .mov files to make them friendly for video-sharing sites. Thank you for your time in reading my post.

Respectfully,

Christian Garzone

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
Re: ndering "General Error"
on Sep 14, 2009 at 12:46:54 am

What format is the new audio in and what format was the original audio? Try converting your new audio to .aiff at 48k them drop it back into your timeline.

Tony Brittan
Apple Certified Pro - FCP
islandshoreproductions.com

Return to posts index

Christian Garzone
on Sep 15, 2009 at 7:42:40 pm

Tony,

Thanks for the reply...I'm kind of a boob when it comes to this...how would I re-render the audio? Thanks again for your time-

Christian

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Tony Brittan
on Sep 16, 2009 at 1:32:05 pm

No problem! First thing you need to do is figure out what the timeline settings are. Most likely, they are 48k since that's the standard. You can put your audio tracks into iTunes, then right (or cntrl) click on the track, then select "make aiff version" and it will create a second file with the same name that is 48k .aiff. Drag that file to your desktop or a folder where you're storing your media for the project and then import that to Final Cut.

Youay have to go into settings in iTunes and tell it that you want conversions to be made as .aiff and what bitrate (48k or whatever your timeline in Final Cut is). I'm nit in front of my machine right now and I do it every day without thinking about so I may've left something out but that's the general idea :-)

Tony Brittan
Apple Certified Pro - FCP
islandshoreproductions.com

Return to posts index

Christian Garzone
on Sep 16, 2009 at 8:21:26 pm

Tony,

Thanks a ton! Have a great Wednesday-

Christian

http://www.youtube.com/cgarzone

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
on Sep 16, 2009 at 9:15:05 pm

No problem! Sorry for the typos...I end up answering on my iPhone quite a bit.

So...it worked for ya right?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]