FORUMS: list search recent posts

Raw Files from HMC-150 need log and transfered - How do I do it? + L&T settings

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jared Scott
Raw Files from HMC-150 need log and transfered - How do I do it? + L&T settings
on Sep 12, 2009 at 6:02:59 pm

Friends,
Thanks for your help on the other posts.

I'm familiar with log and transferring footage from the SDHC card from my HMC-150 to FCP. I'm taking it in as Apple Pro Res HQ.

I have some raw files copied to a hard drive from SDHC cards with all the info, but the cards have been wiped - I haven't yet Log & Transferred from these raw files/folders. Can someone please direct me on how to do so.

I'm saving the Raw HMC AVCam files in addition to the Apple Pro Res HQ. So I'm covered. Is the HQ necessary as it is a bigger file than non HQ Pro Res? Which is preferred - Matrix Stereo or Plain Stereo for Audio? I have also heard that people convert AVCam to DVCProHD and then edit with that. Any thought are much obliged.

best.
Jared

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: Raw Files from HMC-150 need log and transfered - How do I do it? + L&T settings
on Sep 12, 2009 at 6:32:34 pm

Use log and transfer, click on the Add Folder button and navigate to the folder structure that you backed up.

What's the frame resolution of your media? If it's under 2000 pixels don't bother with HQ.

Matrix and plain depends on what you need and what was recorded. Plain is usually fine.

I don't have any thoughts on DVCPRO HD.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP6," "Basic Training for FCS2" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Jared Scott
Re: Raw Files from HMC-150 need log and transfered - How do I do it? + L&T settings
on Sep 12, 2009 at 7:56:00 pm

Thanks on the 2000pixel/HQ tip.

I figured it out - the L&T. I was trying to go into the files - all i had to do was open the main folder.

best.
J

Jared Scott
jaredpscott@yahoo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]