FORUMS: list search recent posts

[Q] Compressor MPEG-2 output offsync with audio timeline

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
saqib mausoof
[Q] Compressor MPEG-2 output offsync with audio timeline
on Sep 12, 2009 at 2:00:35 pm

Hello All,

I am in a conundrum. I am on a project where my sound engineer has provided me with a an audio master (Aiff, wav) that I need to sync to my Final cut video timeline. When I import back his audio to my timeline it does not sync. I can sync it in the beginning, but by the time the video timeline end (42 mins) it is off a few frames. If I sync the end, the beginning is off.

My initial workflow was to give him OMF from Final Cut, he would use Cake and Sony vegas on his end and lay in sounds and dialog edit to an H.264 output. It would work perfectly when I synced his final audio to my FCP timeline

Now instead of giving him an H.264. I gave him an Apple compressor produced MPEG-2 for DVD quality (m2v), which he has to convert to use in Sony Vegas. And there in lies the problem. Looking at the streaming information, I see both as 720x576, 25fps, PAL, lower field first, which matches my timeline.

I think there is a frame issue here. Would frame control help. What's the best way to give him a video that he can work with, so that I can get a master sync.

Thanks in advance.
Saqib Mausoof
Black Crow Producitons

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: [Q] Compressor MPEG-2 output offsync with audio timeline
on Sep 12, 2009 at 3:48:12 pm

Why not just stick with the omf?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]