FORUMS: list search recent posts

Digitized HDV tapes have DV / DVCPro metadata

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leslie Farquharson
Digitized HDV tapes have DV / DVCPro metadata
on Sep 11, 2009 at 8:11:21 pm

Hi,

A while ago I digitized 30 hours of HDV tapes into FCP 6. I am sure that I used HDV settings. Yesterday, our lead AE told me that all of the HDV footage digitized are listed as DV / DVCpro in the metadata.

How is this possible? She says that I digitized the HDV tapes at the wrong settings. To confirm that possibility, we tried to digitize one of the HDV tapes using an HDV deck into Final Cut Pro at DV / DVCpro settings and it was impossible to even start capture. We tried setting the deck to DV in case that was what happened, and we were unable to even control the deck. The HDV tape appeared as HDV when it was in the deck, so we are sure that it was shot HDV.

I am stumped and to be honest I really want to clear my name since the whole office assumes I digitized it at the wrong settings. More importantly, I would like to know how this could happen to avoid a repeat experience if I am to blame.

Thanks!

Leslie

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Digitized HDV tapes have DV / DVCPro metadata
on Sep 11, 2009 at 8:28:14 pm

[Leslie Farquharson] "How is this possible?"

If coming over firewire, the deck can output regular dv25 instead of HDV.

What does your project say?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Leslie Farquharson
on Sep 11, 2009 at 9:24:39 pm

When you open "more info" on any of the master clips it says "DV / DVCpro". I did hook the deck up using firewire, but would it do this if the deck was set to HDV?

Leslie

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 11, 2009 at 10:20:26 pm

[Leslie Farquharson] "I did hook the deck up using firewire, but would it do this if the deck was set to HDV? "

I don't know. it shouldn't. If it was shot HDV, the tape is HDV, the deck is set in HDV and FCP was setup in an HDV easy setup, it should be HDV.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]