FORUMS: list search recent posts

Play 2 sequences at once to check sync

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Laura Creecy
Play 2 sequences at once to check sync
on Sep 10, 2009 at 8:12:09 pm

Is it possible to play two sequences or gang them together to play at the same time as to check sync?

I know I can do a visual check on the timeline to compare cut points, but I was just wondering if it were possible to play two together.

Return to posts index

Ben Holmes
Re: Play 2 sequences at once to check sync
on Sep 10, 2009 at 10:14:56 pm

You could drag them to a new sequence (from the browser) and resize them into a split screen to check sync. It's almost certain you'll have to render the sequence before playing it, however.

Edit Out Ltd
----------------------------
FCP Editor/Trainer/System Consultant
EVS/VT Supervisor for live broadcast
RED camera transfer/post
Independent Director/Producer

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/casestudies/detail.asp?case=therydercup

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 10, 2009 at 10:45:57 pm

Sure. Load one sequence in the viewer and have your other timeline open. Gang the playheads and hit play.

Return to posts index

Laura Creecy
on Sep 10, 2009 at 10:53:07 pm

I previously tried to gang the viewer and canvas together and it wont play if there is a sequence loaded in the viewer, only a clip in the viewer. My off the top my head workaround was to export one sequence as a QT clip and reload it in the viewer so it played as a clip, not sequence, but who wants to wait for that to export...

I'll try the nesting sequences and resizing to only play in the canvas... hoping there was a faster workaround.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Sep 11, 2009 at 3:04:50 am

If you don't mind to export, you can play the clips simultaneously with QT.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Alex Elkins
on Sep 11, 2009 at 8:32:23 am

Hi Jeremy,

[Jeremy Garchow] "Load one sequence in the viewer and have your other timeline open. Gang the playheads and hit play."

I've never had a reason to gang the playheads when I've been editing so I tested this out of curiosity (once with a sequence and once with a clip loaded into the viewer).
Should I be able to see both the viewer and the canvas playing independent things simultaneously? All I'm getting is playback on the timeline, then when I pause, the clip in the viewer jumps forward the same number of frames.

This is all just XDCAM playing off a solid Fibre Channel RAID 5, so bandwidth shouldn't be an issue.

As I say, I just did this as a test so perhaps I'm getting the same results as everyone else??

Thanks,
Alex

Return to posts index

Arnie Schlissel
on Sep 11, 2009 at 10:25:04 pm

You will not see the image play in sync when you hit play, but when you stop they will be in sync. If you grab the play head and scrub through one timeline or the other, they will scrub in sync.

Arnie

Post production is not an afterthought!
http://www.arniepix.com/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]