FORUMS: list search recent posts

visual glitches when scrolling in Apple Timeline - possible hardware corruption!? please help

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Eagan
visual glitches when scrolling in Apple Timeline - possible hardware corruption!? please help
on Sep 10, 2009 at 3:20:59 pm

Hey there,

so I've been working my Macbook Pro pretty intensely these last few days and it's been running really hot. I'm worried I might have somehow damaged the video card in my system because all of a sudden this morning when I try to scroll up and down using my Mighty Mouse's third button the information in the timeline gets stuck and tiles upward - effectively looking like I've got 5 or 6 video tracks full of clips but it's all V1. If I toggle the timeline on and off it fixes itself but then immediately do so again if I scroll.

I'm not having a problem anywhere else on my system that I'm aware of, jut in FCP. I'm really worried about this as I"m in the middle of a very complicated and very tightly scheduled project.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: visual glitches when scrolling in Apple Timeline - possible hardware corruption!? please help
on Sep 10, 2009 at 4:51:17 pm

[Jonathan Eagan] "so I've been working my Macbook Pro pretty intensely these last few days"
Then run DiskWarrior and rebuild your system directories.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: visual glitches when scrolling in Apple Timeline - possible hardware corruption!? please help
on Sep 10, 2009 at 5:29:40 pm

[Jonathan Eagan] " If I toggle the timeline on and off it fixes itself but then immediately do so again if I scroll. "

Quit FCP, trash your FCP prefs, and restart the machine.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Jonathan Eagan
on Sep 10, 2009 at 6:12:46 pm

Oddly enough it seems I"ve fixed the problem. Though I do agree I'll need to either run Disk Warrior or trash my prefs or both eventually.

It seems that only the sequences themselves were the issue. If I copied the footage in the open timeline into a new sequence the problem went away and I was able to save and rename them.

One of the first sequences that I created didn't have the issue so I simply duped it and replaced the others.

Pretty odd, huh...?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]