FORUMS: list search recent posts

Does autosave hurt or help?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Eldridge
Does autosave hurt or help?
on Sep 10, 2009 at 12:03:49 pm

I feel like an idiot asking this question, but our administrator is trying to make the case that enabling Autosave for Final Cut Pro has been known to crash system, cause to corrupt files, and takes up space on your hard drive. I rebut this with the loss of two 40 hour projects from corrupt project files and not having any backup files in the autosave vault. I have a feeling that it might cause problems with his administrative control over our systems, but my basic question is do the pros of autosave outweigh the cons?

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Does autosave hurt or help?
on Sep 10, 2009 at 3:00:09 pm

Hi Andrew,
I'm working with FC since seven years ago and really I haven't had any single problem with Autosave.
In fact have saved me many times.
Cheers,
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Jason Diebler
Re: Does autosave hurt or help?
on Sep 10, 2009 at 7:43:21 pm

The Pros definitely outweigh the Cons... If Autosave saves you once, it's done its job. Its more likely to salvage a project that has been corrupted, I've never heard of it actually being the cause of a file corruption... and the other argument (Autosave takes up hard drive space)... that makes little sense, the project files are only a few hundred kilobytes (about the size of word document).

"The deepest blues are black" - Foo Fighters
(this doesn't help me when I'm chroma keying!)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]