FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVC Intra files not working

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
steve phillipps
AVC Intra files not working
on Sep 9, 2009 at 10:49:28 pm

I have a colleague who's having trouble getting AVC I files to work.
I downloaded the AVC I decoder onto my laptop and few weeks back and it worked just fine. He says he's done the same (I supplied the link), but when he clicks on one of the files inside the Video folder of the contents folder nothing happens. And it doesn't recognise the file type when trying to import to FCP.
Any ideas?
Cheers,
Steve

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: AVC Intra files not working
on Sep 9, 2009 at 11:01:47 pm

THey are doing things COMPLETELY WRONG. Just wrong. You DON'T click on the files in the VIDEO FOLDER...you DON'T just go FILE>IMPORT>FILES when importing this stuff. There is a workflow they must follow.

This tutorial is for DVCPRO HD, but it works for AVCINTRA too. You just need to set the codec it imports as first, before you import. That can be found in the SPROCKET drop down menu in the L&T window.

P2 Workflow with FCP 6

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

steve phillipps
on Sep 9, 2009 at 11:12:22 pm

Thanks for the quick response Shane.
When I did it on my laptop it worked fine whatever I did. I could just double click on a video file and it'd play in Quicktime, or I could import files, folders, whatever. He's not able to do anything with them at all, which makes me wonder if there is a component missing?
Steve

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Sep 9, 2009 at 11:16:21 pm

Do you have P2CMS installed? That adds a QT component.

But again, that is NOT the way to import the files. That way your audio and video are separate. FCP imports and joins them as one file. Or if you get third party solutions like MXF4Mac or Calibrated, or P2 Flow, then you can import the native MXF files and have video and audio combined.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

steve phillipps
on Sep 9, 2009 at 11:35:47 pm

OK, I'll mention the P2CMS to him.
I'm sure you're right about not being a good way to import, and I'm sure they won't. As for me, I#m not an editor, I just use it to view my shots at times, hence why I just click on files in the Video folder.
Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]