FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP settings for first feature

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pamela Magnus
FCP settings for first feature
on Sep 9, 2009 at 8:19:25 pm

Hi all,

I'm just starting my first feature and I wanted to check my settings with you more experienced editors out there, I'd hate to get something wrong at the start that'll cause problems later! The footage was shot on a Panasonic HVX200 at 1080i24PA using the DVCPRO HD codec, I created my project in FCP using one of the easy setups, the Panasonic DVCPRO HD one, frame rate set to 23.98 and in the submenu I picked DVCPRO HD 1080pA24. In the Log and Transfer window I ticked the Remove Pulldown box. The footage was shot at 1920x1080 though in FCP it comes in as 1280x1080, I think that's normal for the way DVCPRO HD compresses the file size and I did a test and it exports at the full 190x1080 size. Have I missed anything? Best case scenario we finish in film but at the very least I'd like to make them some 24p DVDs. Any advice out there for a feature newbie like me?

Cheers,

P.M.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FCP settings for first feature
on Sep 9, 2009 at 8:39:20 pm

Looks good so far. Yeah, DVCPRO HD is an anamorphic format, and 1080p is 1280x1080, not full raster 1920x1080. That is how it is compressed.

Sounds like you are on the right track to me.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]