FORUMS: list search recent posts

Snow Leopard and Quicktime Advice

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marc Berry
Snow Leopard and Quicktime Advice
on Sep 8, 2009 at 1:38:13 pm

With the talk of Snow Leopard and Upgrades, I find I need advice. I have noticed that FCP works well at a friends Snow Leopard, but that QT was replaced with the new version. I tend to be old school, and converted some QT files directly out of the old QT, now its different.

Can someone give me their thoughts on different workflows to do this process with out going into Compressor or FCP.

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Marc

Return to posts index

Ernie Santella
Re: Snow Leopard and Quicktime Advice
on Sep 8, 2009 at 2:14:13 pm

Actually, Apple's included the old QT7 in the utilities folder. So, it's the same as before if you need it. (QTPro still works too)

Ernie Santella
Santella Productions Inc.
http://www.santellaproductions.com

Return to posts index

Richard Keating
on Sep 8, 2009 at 2:42:34 pm

I see. I figured FCP still needed to run on QT7, so it must have kept a version somewhere. I was looking for it, but to no avail. Thanks for pointing that out.

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
on Sep 8, 2009 at 4:59:46 pm

[Ernie Santella] "Actually, Apple's included the old QT7 in the utilities folder"

Its an OPTIONAL install.

I chose not to install it, I may latter change my mind and install it later.

There are no "technical solutions" to your "artistic problems".
Don't let technology get in the way of your creativity!

Return to posts index

Richard Keating
on Sep 8, 2009 at 2:40:11 pm

Just checked mine and it looks like it overwrites the existing QT7 Pro version that come with FCP and replaces it with the new QTX (10) version. There have been some major overhauls with the new version. You can read about them here: http://arstechnica.com/apple/reviews/2009/08/mac-os-x-10-6.ars/6

Return to posts index

Ernie Santella
on Sep 8, 2009 at 2:44:50 pm

It's in the Utilities folder. It is in mine.

"From Macworld review of QTX: "It... Read More’s worth noting that as part of the Snow Leopard upgrade process, the installer moves QuickTime Player Pro 7 to the Utilities folder, so it’s still there if you want it... Apple’s Share button hints at a simplified method of converting and exporting video. Whereas QuickTime 7 has an Export option that let you choose from different codecs and customize your audio and video options, QuickTime X only has the aforementioned Share choices as well as slightly-updated version of the Save For Web option of QuickTime 7, and a Save As menu item that offers presets for Apple devices and 480p and 720p videos. Interestingly, applications such as iMovie—which are built on QuickTime—still offer the same custom export options as they did under Leopard. If you really want to customize output, QuickTime 7 Pro is still an option if you have it."

Ernie Santella
Santella Productions Inc.
http://www.santellaproductions.com

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Sep 8, 2009 at 3:23:26 pm

it is part of SL not just FCP, if for some reason you don't have QT7 you can install it off the SL disc, it is in Additional Installs.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]