FORUMS: list search recent posts

moving / deleting multiple audio keyframes at once

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Brown
moving / deleting multiple audio keyframes at once
on Sep 8, 2009 at 3:41:37 am

I remember doing this...but it is alluding me @ midnight tonight!

I thought I set an in and out around a range of keyframes and deleted multiple ones...or was able to raise or lower multiple ones at one time. Is there an option I have to turn on to do this? It's how I did it on AVID and I seriously remember doing it in Final Cut.

Return to posts index

Elijah Lynn
Re: moving / deleting multiple audio keyframes at once
on Dec 9, 2010 at 10:04:35 pm

Did you ever figure out how to do this? This would be really handy, been searching for the answer for 15 minutes now.

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
on Dec 9, 2010 at 10:07:53 pm

I did. I posted a screen capture...let me look for it.

Process is range selector, then adjust audio level...its a hack job compared to avid, but possible.

Return to posts index

Elijah Lynn
on Dec 10, 2010 at 3:25:32 am

I tried that but no cigar, I will try again. In the meantime the screenshot would be helpful.

Thank!

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
on Dec 10, 2010 at 12:17:53 pm

I'm on my mobile, so I can't verify that link is live, but:

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/8/1082632

Return to posts index

Elijah Lynn
on Dec 10, 2010 at 8:46:17 pm

Played on me Android, this got me close. The range select doesn't allow for me to modify levels but going to menu > modify > levels raises and lowers the keyframes for the whole audio track. ALthough it is weird, when using 'relative' some keyframes seem to go up or down more than others.

This is a hacky way of doing it but it gets me close, thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
on Dec 10, 2010 at 8:58:48 pm

Here's my understanding of how it works...you have to select a range INSIDE 2 outside keyframes, this is important so it only deals with the keyframes in your range.

If you use "relative" it will keep all existing keyframes, but reduce or increase them by a - relative - amount.

If you use "absolute" it will put the first and last keyframe in your range selection at that level and delete the rest.

I believe in the user manual, this is what they mean by "move"...although I'd call that adjust. Move to me means temporally ...

It's not pretty, but gets the job done...I really wish FCP would use in/out as more of a reference than selecting clips...too much mouse clicking.

-Jason

Return to posts index

Elijah Lynn
on Dec 10, 2010 at 9:23:06 pm

Very helpful information!

So, yes, I selected two keyframes inside two outer keyframes and then the modify>levels command raise the levels of the selected ones plus the two outer ones. And, although visually it looks like some of them raise different amounts, I verified that all 4 increased by the specified value.

At least I/we now know the method to this madness!

Ideally, the user experience would be I just range select the keyframes and my mouse changes to a up/down tool and I drag up or down to raise adjust the values of all selected keyframes (just in casse you are reading this Steve Jobs/Apple).

Thanks again Jason, you have been very helpful!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]