FORUMS: list search recent posts

render time

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tel jaba
render time
on Sep 7, 2009 at 6:15:01 am

hey guys
working with EXCAM footage on a 90 minutes documentary with some on a mac OSX 10.5.8 8GB of RAM and 6T e speed raid. FCP studio 6.0.6 I still have 60 GB on the Raid. everything was going smooth, but for the last week, the FCP is acting very strangely takes forever to render a simple text, I just added a video from motion and it says it need 4 hours to render!
I cant find anything in the render manager when I open that window... I trashed the preferences many times but nothing has changed and to add on top of that. Motion is also taking forever to export a 1 minute movie, Livetype is freezing and soundtrack is loosing sound clips!!!! what is happening? so it is clearly something with the hardware... right?

what to do?

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
Re: render time
on Sep 7, 2009 at 9:46:53 am

Did you say it's a 6TB RAID with 60 GB free? Isn't that just another way of saying your storage is 90% full, Tel? Probably a large part of the problem ... time to do some housekeeping.

Check your FCP System Settings too, make sure your Capture / Render Scratch is pointing where it should be. How much space is left on the startup disc? Do you have any other drives attached and, if so, attached how, and how full?

Return to posts index

tel jaba
on Sep 7, 2009 at 10:26:33 am

hey Andy
you are right, I have to move some media from the drive to another to free up some space.
I am connected to the network, that how I communicate and exchange files with other users. I have 80GB left on my Main hard drive (startup disk)
I ran the system update last night, everything seems to be the latest.
I just had a new error which I never had before
FCP crashed while rendering my sequence I and got a "problem may be caused by prographics plug in"

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Sep 7, 2009 at 12:21:51 pm

[tel jaba] "FCP crashed while rendering my sequence I and got a "problem may be caused by prographics plug in" "

Then re-install that filter. Sounds like it's either corrupted or incompatible with that version of FCP.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author.
Credits include multiple Emmy, Telly, Aurora and Peabody Awards.
Owner, Biscardi Creative Media featuring HD Post

Biscardi Creative Media

Creative Cow Forum Host:
Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple Motion, Apple Color, AJA Kona, Business & Marketing, Maxx Digital.

Read my Blog!

Twitter!

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Sep 7, 2009 at 12:21:34 pm

[Andy Mees] "Did you say it's a 6TB RAID with 60 GB free? Isn't that just another way of saying your storage is 90% full, Tel? Probably a large part of the problem ... time to do some housekeeping. "

My thoughts exactly and I'm pretty surprised the unit is running at all without dropping frames on every playback.

Need to get that drive cleaned up and cleared off as much as possible before you think about having reliable playback from FCP.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author.
Credits include multiple Emmy, Telly, Aurora and Peabody Awards.
Owner, Biscardi Creative Media featuring HD Post

Biscardi Creative Media

Creative Cow Forum Host:
Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple Motion, Apple Color, AJA Kona, Business & Marketing, Maxx Digital.

Read my Blog!

Twitter!

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
on Sep 7, 2009 at 3:21:10 pm

[Andy Mees] "Did you say it's a 6TB RAID with 60 GB free? Isn't that just another way of saying your storage is 90% full"

Actually 99% full if its a 6TB drive.

You always want to leave minimum 10% free on a drive at all times. Because a 6TB drive = 6000GB that means that you should have at lest 600GB free at any time.

Figure out how much more space you will need to finish the project add that to the 600GB minimum free space you need on that drive and then free up that total amount of free space on the drive.

There are no "technical solutions" to your "artistic problems".
Don't let technology get in the way of your creativity!

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
on Sep 7, 2009 at 3:52:14 pm

Hee ... can I pretend that I meant to write 99 but my finger slipped? Doh! Not any more I guess.
Well caught Zane, thanks for the correction.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]