FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVI's not working in FCP 6.0.5

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Spikes
AVI's not working in FCP 6.0.5
on Sep 5, 2009 at 2:26:23 am

Hey everyone,

I did a search for this and couldn't find the answer so here goes.

Ever since I got my hands on a Sony HVR-V1U camera and it's on camera hard drives (HVR-DR60), I found it to be a great addition to my workflow. It took me some time however to find out that in Final Cut Pro, I needed to use the "Log and Transfer" command to get it into my editor. When I used to just drag the files off of the drive, I'd get a message saying that the .AVI files that I had imported "were not captured" in a way that was best for FCP, and it would ask that I re import them... However, they still would work.

I also use Adobe Onlocation CS3 for shoots in the studio to keep everything direct-to-disc. However, I found that a few weeks ago, .AVI files unless they worked in a previous project, just STOPPED working in FCP.

The work around is to convert the files to Quicktime in Compressor, but I'm just wondering if anyone has had this problem as well...where .AVI files just "stop working" for no reason.... or for a specific reason?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: AVI's not working in FCP 6.0.5
on Sep 6, 2009 at 1:19:58 pm

As a rule, FCP does not edit with AVI's period so the fact that you even got them to work at all is interesting.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author.
Credits include multiple Emmy, Telly, Aurora and Peabody Awards.
Owner, Biscardi Creative Media featuring HD Post

Biscardi Creative Media

Creative Cow Forum Host:
Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple Motion, Apple Color, AJA Kona, Business & Marketing, Maxx Digital.

Read my Blog!

Twitter!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]