FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 Paste Speed Attributes WITH Ripple

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Portune
FCP 7 Paste Speed Attributes WITH Ripple
on Sep 4, 2009 at 9:26:36 pm

As part of my usual workflow I paste speed attributes to multiple clips - with FCP 7 the default is no ripple and it keeps the clip length the same in the timeline, but I loose my source clip out point. If I try to apply a specific speed change to multiple clips the ripple option is grayed out then too.
Anyone have a tip on how to apply the speed attribute to multiple clips and still have the clips ripple the timeline?

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: FCP 7 Paste Speed Attributes WITH Ripple
on Sep 4, 2009 at 9:40:10 pm

The ripple sequence function is ONLY available on a single clip and never available in paste attributes. Not sure why the decision to create new behavior requires significantly altering the existing functionality.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP6," "Basic Training for FCS2" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Bill Portune
on Sep 4, 2009 at 9:45:43 pm

Thanks for the confirmation, and Big Bummer! - I used that a lot in my day to day workflow. I Like the new speed functions, but not at the cost of previous functionality!

Return to posts index

James McIntyre
on Dec 9, 2010 at 5:05:38 am

I know this thread is old, but I'm with you on this one. Pasting ripple speed changes to multiple clips is often part of my workflow, as well. I found third party software and now have a keyboard shortcut that AT LEAST cuts down on the time, effort and keystrokes.

I installed SPARK from shadowlab.org
added FCP7 to the Front Application list
then I created a new HotKey (using the F13 key) with this shortcut
x opt-a cmd-j 5 0 enter-key opt-x '(apostrophe / Next Edit)

Now all I have to do is position my playhead at the beginning of the clips I want to change the speed of (50% in this case), and click F13 for each clip.

If your clips are on different tracks, you do have to change the auto-select to the desired video track in your timeline. Or you can move all clips to the same track, and auto-select it... and away you go!

Hope this helps someone... and I hope Apple replaces this function soon.

Return to posts index

Scotty Pregitzer
on Dec 9, 2010 at 11:41:17 pm

I hate this too they make a new version than they take steps backwords..

anyway here is my idea keep a working copy of 6.5 on your computer I have this always in case of bugs in new versions the way you do that is before upgrading to 7 you go to applications duplicate the application in the application folder... rename it to finalcut 6.0 or something so it doesnt update it when you update the the 7 one

next open fcp 6 do the speed paste atrributes after cutting than make a copy of the project and open it in fcp 7.0 and it would have your speed changes on all the clips

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]