FORUMS: list search recent posts

Should I update to Mojave?

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Glenn Payne
Should I update to Mojave?
on Apr 28, 2020 at 3:58:28 pm

Hey guys,

I use Color Finale (color correction program) with FCPx and they have a new program it seems I'll need to upgrade to. But it requires me jumping up to Mojave 10.14 or newer. I'm always hesitant to upgrade. Been burned in the past, so I wanted to see if you guys thought it was a good idea.

I mainly use FCPx, Photoshop CC, and then Compressor, Motion, Color Finale, SendToX, Zoom (now), and other basic programs.

MY SYSTEM:
27 inch late 2013
3.5 GHz intel core i7
32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA Ge Force GTX 780M 4096 MB
Currently running El Capitan 10.11.6

Return to posts index

Patrick Sheppard
Re: Should I update to Mojave?
on Apr 28, 2020 at 7:51:04 pm

Between Mojave and Catalina, I've read that Mojave is a lot more stable. A lot of users have reported issues with Catalina. I had to deal with some of those issues recently with a friend's computer.

But, Catalina is currently at version 10.15.4, so it's likely to have two more updates before the next major OS release (that is, assuming past patterns hold true). It may be that those issues (or at least some of them) will be dealt with in 10.15.5 or 10.15.6.

Either way, if you decide to upgrade, FIRST be sure to do a full backup of your hard drive, so that if you run into any issues you can simply clone your backup back to the hard drive.

Return to posts index

Glenn Payne
Re: Should I update to Mojave?
on Apr 28, 2020 at 8:47:04 pm

Thanks so much for the info, Patrick!

This is in line what some others have told me. I'll make sure to make a backup and then give Mojave a shot.

Thanks again! ☺
Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]