FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blu Ray with Apple Compressor 4.4 - Not Working

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Brown
Blu Ray with Apple Compressor 4.4 - Not Working
on Feb 21, 2018 at 3:20:47 am

I am trying to burn a Blu Ray disc for use in a player. I used to do this with Apple Compressor by encoding for Blu Ray, then using Disk Utility to burn the IMG/ISO file. This process no longer seems to work with Compressor 4.4. I've had multiple failures after burning to disk (the disc can't be read by Blu Ray players). My source files encode properly to H.264 and .AC3 and even can export 'Hard drive' IMG correctly. Burning directly from Compressor, rather than going to hard drive first results in failed disc burn (can't be read by a player).

I noticed that my Compressor 4.4 does not displaysthe "Chapter Menu" tabs underneath the small preview window as it did in previous versions. Could I have a corrupted application? I've tried to reinstall Compressor but this did not fix the issue.

thank you

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
Re: Blu Ray with Apple Compressor 4.4 - Not Working
on Feb 21, 2018 at 5:30:26 am

Follow up -- I was able to get the Blu Ray disc properly burned. Here were my steps:

- Export IMG file from Compressor
- Manually changed file extension from IMG to ISO (this actually worked!)
- Burn Blu Ray from OSX Finder
- Successful playback from consumer Blu Ray player and Sony PS4

Compressor 4.4 still is missing the "Chapter Menu tab" as previously stated. The small preview window also does not update to reflect changes made while setting up the project.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]