FORUMS: list search recent posts

Live Capture Plus 2 error

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cheryl Crow
Live Capture Plus 2 error
on May 18, 2017 at 5:46:35 pm

Hello-

I'm in the process of capturing some analog video tapes (mini DV). I've been able to capture most of the tapes with Premiere Pro, but for tapes with damaged heads, I have to use other software. In the past, I was able to use this software - Live Capture Plus 2, but it has since become legacy and I'm running into errors while opening it. Please see my screengrabs below for the error message and my system specs.

I was prompted to install some kind of a java download to no avail..

Any help would be gladly appreciated. Thank you!

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: Live Capture Plus 2 error
on May 19, 2017 at 11:50:55 am

[Cheryl Crow] "I was prompted to install some kind of a java download to no avail.."
That does seem to be the problem. The error specifically says that it can't find the Java class for quicktime/util/QTHandleRef. In looking at their web site, they do recommend that you install QuickTime for Java (whatever that is... I assume they give you that option when you install it). The version number is covered in your screen shot but from the CatDV web site, they recommend Java 7 for their latest version of LiveCapture Plus.

You might want to make sure that you have the latest version of LiveCapture and re-installing making sure that you also install all of the Java components. Since the web site gives you a link to download Java, and Mac OS X does not come with Java, it looks like you may need to be smart enough to find the right version of Java and download it yourself. You are looking for Java 1.7 (otherwise known as Java 7) but if you have a really old version of their software it may need Java 6.

I would contact CatDV for help.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]