FORUMS: list search recent posts

Secondary Display issues

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Ball
Secondary Display issues
on Jan 28, 2016 at 1:14:32 am

Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble getting a secondary display to work.

The computer is using a DVI output for the main monitor. The secondary display is actually sent from a thunderbolt port to a mini-display to HDMI converter to an HDMI transmitter, then goes down a level via ethernet to a receiver, which converts it back to HDMI for a TV.

Whenever I connect the mini display converter to the thunderbolt, the computer acts as if it is trying to connect flashing off and on, switching back and forth between 1 and 2 displays. It just keeps going black, showing desktop, black, two desktops, forever until I disconnect the mini display converter.

Anyone have any ideas why? The setup worked fine on the computer before, which used DVI to HDMI instead. I've also tried using the DVI port on the new computer and same result.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: Secondary Display issues
on Jan 31, 2016 at 3:21:57 pm

[Andrew Ball] "The secondary display is actually sent from a thunderbolt port to a mini-display to HDMI converter to an HDMI transmitter, then goes down a level via ethernet to a receiver, which converts it back to HDMI for a TV."
I'm guessing that the HDMI transmitter is not doing the proper handshaking and so your Mac isn't getting the information it needs. I would contact the manufacturer and ask if it is compatible with the version of OS X and hardware that you are using. Was it specifically designed for use with a computer? or was it designed to just extend cable boxes and blu-ray players?
[Andrew Ball] "The setup worked fine on the computer before, which used DVI to HDMI instead."
If eliminating the HDMI transmitter from the path makes it work, then that's probably the cause of the problem.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]