FORUMS: list search recent posts

fresh install of yosemite how to move mail files over

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Alan
fresh install of yosemite how to move mail files over
on Nov 3, 2014 at 4:41:14 am

Install went fine. Can't find 'how to' on moving mail files and preferences from mavericks to new system. Also much to my surprise my bookmarks moved to new system even though I selected not to allow iCloud sharing yet.

Any links you can give me? Since it will involve opening user account library how do I open this on the mavericks drive in my mac pro when I'm booted in the yosemite drive. Not sure the option-go will open the library on the old system???

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
Re: fresh install of yosemite how to move mail files over
on Nov 4, 2014 at 1:20:12 pm

i looked at both mail folders in user account>library in mav and yo. they were identical except my mav one had the pop accounts in it.

I copied and saved to a folder the mail folder from the user account>library on yo.
I copied and saved to a folder the mail folder from the user account>library on mav.
I pasted the mav mail folder into the account>library on yo.
I replaced the newer one but had the option to merge.
Did the same for the mail-shared.plist.

Opened the mail app in yo. all was well saving that it needed all my passwords.

most likely a keychain file rather than a plist file?
everything looks fine.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]