FORUMS: list search recent posts

Quicktime Pro Question

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Al Bergstein
Quicktime Pro Question
on Dec 20, 2013 at 3:19:02 pm

Sometime back I uninstalled FCP Studio on my Mac. I now notice that I no longer have Quicktime Pro on the machine (if I ever did). quick questions:

• I have a purchase invoice/license from a few years back for QTPro. Can I download QTPro somewhere so I can install the license? I don't have disks for it, I assume I downloaded it when I installed it.

• If I reinstall FCP Studio does it install QTPro as part of the package?

• Thanks in advance.

Al

Return to posts index

David Eaks
    Re: Quicktime Pro Question
    on Dec 20, 2013 at 3:41:40 pm

Download here- http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3678

QT 7 was an optional install on the OS X Snow leopard disc. Installing FCP 7 automagically unlocked the Pro part of QT 7. If you don't have FCP 7, you can purchase a pro license. Apparently at one time or another, you bought both. Unnecessary, but is coming in handy now.

Return to posts index

Al Bergstein
    on Dec 21, 2013 at 8:20:43 pm

Thanks for your feedback guys. David, that was the link and info I was looking for. I had not loaded Qt7 on my newer MBPro before installing FCP7. Now it all works. Not that I use FCP 7 all that much anymore, but I hav legacy jobs on it, and sometimes I need to work with others. Thanks guys. Case solved.

Al

Return to posts index

Curtis Thompson
    on Dec 20, 2013 at 3:43:43 pm

hello...

wrt your first one, try their support page to learn more:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2240

wrt the second - qt pro is a separate app, so if it doesn't, you can always download it separately and install it. i don't recall if fcp installs it or not, but a license to it is not included - that i am fairly sure of.

sitruc

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
    © 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
    [TOP]