FORUMS: list search recent posts

setting up post lab need advice

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Alan
setting up post lab need advice
on Oct 14, 2013 at 8:14:54 pm

Did post this in FCP X forum as well but need this asap

Setting up FCP X post lab with 30 Macs at a HS. Want to create a master student drive on an external drive enclosure to clone to student computers. Does anyone have experience with doing this?

I know how to un-package the OS X installer.

But the other Apple applications want to install by themselves. Can those apps be copied to the external master drive? Any step by step advice?

This is not just a question of installing apps. I need to set up user accounts and permissions on 30 computers. Would like to test out a master first then clone.

I did this for years with snow leopard and earlier and FCP 7 and earlier.

This app store is a new work flow for me. And even Apple reps admit that Apple has not thought this out for site licenses.

One more question: if one end user, namely me, needs to set up several Macs, for the admin (again me- I have one in the post lab, one in the studio, one at home and one portable) does that count as one license or 4? Again, Apple reps are a bit fuzzy on all this.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Camcorders: Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV30/40, Sony Z7U, VX2000, PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]