FORUMS: list search recent posts

NO ACCESS to Macbook Pro FINDER!

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Merlin Merton
NO ACCESS to Macbook Pro FINDER!
on Sep 8, 2013 at 11:25:27 am

Hi,

If anyone can help on this I will be eternally grateful! It's very aggravating, but when I switched on my macbook pro, the desktop was completely empty. I have access to the 'apple' (and by extension some recent items), but unfortunately when I go to force quit, there is no option to relaunch the finder. In fact the finder isn't even on the list!!

I know that the reason for this is that the computer ran out of harddrive space, so all I need is to somehow get onto the finder in order to delete some files. Is there any way of accessing the finder (a keyboard shortcut etc)??

I have access to preview/ skype/ word/ powerpoint, though none can save!

Thankyou very much in advance to anyone who can help on this front.

Merlin

Return to posts index

Mike Damian
Re: NO ACCESS to Macbook Pro FINDER!
on Sep 14, 2013 at 4:27:34 am

Have you tried booting up into safe mode? That might do the trick. Shut down the computer. When you turn it on, immediately after you hear the chime press and hold the shift key. There will be a grey status bar that loads underneath the apple, if its loading in safe mode.

Return to posts index

Chris Murphy
Re: NO ACCESS to Macbook Pro FINDER!
on Sep 21, 2013 at 5:15:26 pm

It's good advice as this also causes a good chunk of accumulated cache files to be deleted. But honestly, it's really ill advised to allow a file system used as a boot volume to get this full in the first place, they have a tendency to become really fragile.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]