FORUMS: list search recent posts

Drive space cleaning

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich Kaelin
Drive space cleaning
on Mar 3, 2013 at 9:27:48 pm

I have a macbookpro (Lion) with a 750gb internal drive. I am about to install a 512 SSD in addition as system drive, current system drive will become data storage. I run a variety of video/media editing software in the field with this machine. I have about 400gb of current drive full...I cannot find with what! I look everywhere, do the math, and it is like I can't find 200gb worth of stuff. so, quick questions...Are there any utility programs that can help, but NOT Hurt? When I use "Get Info" does it accurately add in all the subfolders? I know programs like final cut put files in places, but I thought I knew where...like render clips, etc...is there any hidden use I am missing? Are there folders in osx that get hidden from view and a "get info" coiunt as well? It is a bit frustrating, because I am quite computer literate, but I just can't seem to find where these files are hiding...and I would like to know what they are before I reformat the drive. On a side note, I was not shipped a DVD of Lion when I got this machine, do I have to buy one, or can I download with my serial #? Thanks all.

Rich Kaelin
Kaelin Motion Production Services
http://kaelinmotion.com
New York

Return to posts index

Julik Tarkhanov
Re: Drive space cleaning
on Mar 9, 2013 at 12:38:55 am

I dig DaisyDisk for this.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved