FORUMS: list search recent posts

Safari bookmarks vanished

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Kane
Safari bookmarks vanished
on Feb 22, 2013 at 10:40:32 pm

Last night I was on the bookmarks page of Safari, clicked on one of my folders - then got the spinning wheel for a while. When it stopped, the bookmarks inside that folder were gone. The folder remained though (empty) and had moved to the bottom of the list of folders.

All other bookmark folders were unaffected. There was nothing in my trash. It would not give me the option to undo.

I don't know if this is related at all, but my iphone had been synced with the same bookmarks as my macbook. These are fairly important bookmarks, so I checked my iPhone - and ALL my bookmarks were gone from there - not just the contents of the one folder in question. All my folders were gone. It was like a reset. Just the automatic bookmarks in there. Note: I have not synced the phone since the safari issue.

* Just now I checked my phone, and the bookmarks are back - including the vanished ones from my computer. But they are still missing from my computer.

Anybody have any idea what this could be? How I could retrieve the bookmarks? And if not, how I could get them from my phone back onto my computer. I'm afraid if I plug my phone in, it will adapt to my mac's bookmarks and remove the ones I want to save from my phone.

Sorry for the long post. Any ideas? Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]