FORUMS: list search recent posts

Deinstall Final Cut 5 and install Final Cut Pro 7

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Veronica Santos
Deinstall Final Cut 5 and install Final Cut Pro 7
on Jan 15, 2013 at 3:37:08 pm

Hello everyone!

I bought recently an iMac (Lion, Os X 10.7.5) and I did a Data-Transfer with Time-Mashine from my old MacBook (where I had Final Cut 5 installed). When the transfer was over I tried to open Final Cut 5 (by clicking on the icon), but it seems I needed to reinstall it with the discs and I didn't have them with me. Though I got the Final Cut Pro 7 and as I wanted to install it (while the installation was taking place) an error message appeared: An Error has occurred (No many details at all). I thought there was trouble with the version I had so I asked a friend to let my try to install his version of Final Cut Pro 7 and it didn't work either (the same message at the same time). I thought it might had something to do with the "ghost" old version of Final Cut 5, so I "deleted" it (I just removed the icon from the applications folder). So, I tried again... with any positive results...
My question is: How can I completely deinstall Final Cut 5 so I finally can install the FCP 7?
Are there any Data-Folders I need to delete? I'm sure the program isn't completely deinstalled when I deleted the icon, right?

Is it possible that this is really the problem? If not, what should it be?
I need to finish a project that I worked with FCP 7 and that is why I urgently need this version in my new iMac.

Thank you very much in advance for your help and suggestions!
Happy new Year!

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: Deinstall Final Cut 5 and install Final Cut Pro 7
on Jan 18, 2013 at 12:06:03 pm

Apple used to have uninstall instructions on it's website. I can only assume it was embarrassing – because they took it down. To have you a enter something along the lines of 20 or so instructions of terminal prompt.

Meanwhile, the utility you want is here: http://www.digitalrebellion.com/fcsremover/

Best,

Jeff I. Greenberg
Author/Master Instructor/Speaker/Consulting
My contact info and more

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]