FORUMS: list search recent posts

Horizontally Pixelated. Will not restart.

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan McCarthy
Horizontally Pixelated. Will not restart.
on Aug 28, 2012 at 11:25:27 pm

I was working on a project on Final Cut Pro and all of the sudden both screens turned pixelated (see picture) and my computer froze. I had to do a hard restart buy when I tried that the grey screen with the Apple logo showed up pixelated as before and after a few minutes of what seemed to be loading my display turned off and said there was not a signal. I then tried a manual reboot in safe mode and the safe mode status bar appeared but after a few minutes the display again turned off and said not signal. The compurter is six years old but has been running great. I have everything backed up on external drives. From what I have seen around the internet is that I need toi purchase a new video card, but I am not sure. Anyone have any ideas?

Return to posts index

Pasi Koivisto
Re: Horizontally Pixelated. Will not restart.
on Sep 2, 2012 at 8:05:34 pm

I would reset PRAM and then start up in safe mode. If it works make sure to set the screen resolution and then reboot. Could be as simple as a corrupt preference file.

/P

/Pasi
--
Editor, Colorist.
Mac Pro, 8x3 Ghz, 8 Gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4870, KONA 3, Sony PVM20L4, Tangent Devices Wave.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]