FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tripple Boot: [Lion, Lion, Win7]?

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Maio
Tripple Boot: [Lion, Lion, Win7]?
on Mar 8, 2012 at 5:46:42 am

I seem to be lost swimming through a sea of Lion/Win/Linux posts online. I've gleaned some information from them(don't use bootcamp for more than a drive Cd for Win7, use rEFIt to let the Mac see all 3 partitions as bootable, blow away the recovery partition), but I'm still not confident I can make a 3-way machine with 2 Lions and a Win7.

Sadly, I'm a relative Novice on Apples, last using them professionally back in the pre-G3 days with "Pizza-box" Avids. Now I'm looking to triple boot to preserve separate FCP and Avid Lion partitions, as well as a Win7 Pro Avid Partition for those rare occasions I need to flip back to a PC-centric project.

Can someone point me to, or spell out here, a clear and exact approach to getting the machine to behave the way I'm expecting (able to select from 3 boot partitions, 2x Lion, 1x Win7)?

The most useful I've seen on a triple boot seems to be this post here, but I'm still not sure I feel confident it will apply the same way: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1908210

Return to posts index

Pasi Koivisto
Re: Tripple Boot: [Lion, Lion, Win7]?
on Sep 2, 2012 at 8:31:55 pm

Would it not work to hold down option when the computer starts and then choose which one to boot from there or use System Preferences -> Startup disk?

/Pasi
--
Editor, Colorist.
Mac Pro, 8x3 Ghz, 8 Gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4870, KONA 3, Sony PVM20L4, Tangent Devices Wave.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]