FORUMS: list search recent posts

qustion on upgrading hard drives mac pro

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
King Law
qustion on upgrading hard drives mac pro
on Feb 14, 2012 at 12:48:30 pm

i have a question on upgrading my mac pro (first i have to mention that i had 4 SEAGATE BARRACUDA 7200.9 HARD DRIVES on it each had 500gigs of space on it until last month i couldint boot my computer so i took it to frys for an expart to look at it and the guy told me that the 3drives were damaged i have to buy new ones which didnt make sense to me so i took it home and remove the 3drives then install mac osx leopard 6.8 and its working fine but im using only one hard drive which is only 500gigs and thats not enough considering the fact that i work with video, my question is where can i find affordable drives that will work with my mac and do they have to be 500gigs? can i get one or two with more than 500gigs? i also want to buy more memory for it, do i have to buy the same brand of memory i have for it to work or not? the following are the specs on it
Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro1,1
Processor Name: Dual-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 3 GHz
Number Of Processors: 2
Total Number Of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Bus Speed: 1.33 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MP11.005C.B08
SMC Version (system): 1.7f10

Return to posts index

John Davidson
Re: qustion on upgrading hard drives mac pro
on Feb 15, 2012 at 7:37:42 pm

You can put 3 or 4 Tb drives in there if you'd like. Macsales.com is pretty helpful about telling you which RAM and drives will fit in your particular model mac pro. I get all my RAM there. They also have helpful videos on how to install them.

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

King Law
Re: qustion on upgrading hard drives mac pro
on Feb 16, 2012 at 10:08:54 am

thanks alot man now will i be able to keep the old memory or i have to get all new just curious :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]