FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lion disabled Blu-Ray Drive

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bradinn French
Lion disabled Blu-Ray Drive
on Feb 9, 2012 at 5:39:48 am

Hey Cow,

I recently installed Lion on my 2009 Mac Pro, but I noticed my Pioneer BDR-206 is no longer recognized by any function within the OS. It worked perfectly under Snow Leopard. I am running 10.7.3 now. I've searched these forums and google but the only solution I could find was somebody who reset their PRAM, ran bootcamp, and installed the drivers through Windows since Pioneer only provides Windows drivers. I do not have Windows on this machine so this is not the solution for me.

I suppose the other option would be to reinstall Snow Leopard, but I upgraded to Lion so that I could run AVID MC6 according to its preferred specs, so I'd like to not roll back. Aside from that, I'm weary of all the things that have crapped out since "upgrading," and I'm concerned I will have to deal with that all over again. Not to mention, causing all these headaches to get my computer to recognize a drive I use to burn Blu-Ray with maybe only once or twice a month.

I'm hoping somebody who has run into this might be able to help me. I would be gracious for both of our lifetimes!

Return to posts index

Juan Manuel
Re: Lion disabled Blu-Ray Drive
on Feb 9, 2012 at 6:32:57 pm

Did it work ok in Snow Leopard? I have the same drive using Snow Leopard and sometimes it's not recognized. Restarting with the option key pressed does the trick, maybe the same works with Lion?

Return to posts index

Jaeson Koszarsky
Re: Lion disabled Blu-Ray Drive
on Feb 17, 2012 at 7:45:24 pm

I've had external USB DVD burners disappear on me from time to time. Unplugging them and reconnecting always brought them back from the great beyond.

Is yours internal or external? If internal, you could check for loose connections.

Are you able to test the drive with another computer to verify that it didn't just die on you, coincidentally at the same time as your upgrade?

I had my Mac Pros bluetooth go awol once. A shutdown and cold boot restored it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]