FORUMS: list search recent posts

not sure whats going on? system hiccups?

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jason zaloga
not sure whats going on? system hiccups?
on Sep 29, 2011 at 9:17:49 am

mac pro quad-core 2.26 20gigs ram

it seems my system 10.6.8 is having issues. whenever i play videos, movies use any graphics program and even just surfing the net it somewhat freezes or sticks. the mouse cursor even moves to different places on the screen when it goes back to normal. the videos and a like, stick every 2 seconds or so. i've been on the apple forum and the help i'm getting is not really going anywhere. i went through the processes, check for permissions, all hardware checks outs. my HD is a higher than stock bitrate. all software is up to date.

this only started in the last two to three days. i just watched tron bluray two to three days ago (not on dvd) and it was smooth.

for some reason some of the dock icons (panafont) was not what it should be. maybe it's a font issue?

checked to see if any virus/tracking cookies through three to four programs. nothing.

i've been going back and forth looking up processes to see what they are.

even did the new guest login and it still was the same.
could this be a network issue?

any idea's?

Return to posts index

John Davidson
Re: not sure whats going on? system hiccups?
on Sep 29, 2011 at 7:47:46 pm

10.6.8 changed to the Core Animation graphics system, I think, which screwed up things for lots of people. What PCI cards do you have installed?

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

jason zaloga
Re: not sure whats going on? system hiccups?
on Sep 29, 2011 at 8:14:43 pm

NVIDIA GeForce GT 120:

i just did this today. it seems to work fine when i boot in safe mode.

when i secure empty trash, there seems to always be 4 additional items in the trash that is not showing. maybe this could be the problem. all this just happened within a few or more days. the 10.6.8 update was sometime ago for me.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]