FORUMS: list search recent posts

MPEG Streamclip for OS X 10.6.8 and FCP X

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jordan Cushing
MPEG Streamclip for OS X 10.6.8 and FCP X
on Sep 21, 2011 at 8:14:07 am

I have searched the web and found a great deal about the issue of missing MPEG2 Playback component for use by MPEG streamclip, however so far no solution to the particular issue I have.

It appears as though I have the MPEG2 playback component, it appears in the library>quicktime>apple mpeg2 codec.component
but NOT in system>library>quicktime

MPEG streamclip does not recognise that it's here at all (IF in fact it is, I believe this comes as part of FCP X, though can't confirm that).

Before I plop down $20 at the app store for something I can copy and paste from my own machine, can anyone offer any advice? Would this be possible and how would I actually do it?

I have a DVD copy of OS X but no physical copy of FCP X if I need to hunt down a folder or something.

I am a new Mac user and naturally worried about tinkering around in the system folders to begin with so please if anyone answers assume I know nothing (and you'd be right!).

Any help extremely welcome.
Thanks.

Jordan Cushing
London, UK

Return to posts index

Everest Mokaeff
Re: MPEG Streamclip for OS X 10.6.8 and FCP X
on Sep 21, 2011 at 2:53:30 pm

From the top of my head, install QT 7 from MAC OS installation disk (in optional installs). You might also want to instal VLC and perian components for comfortable life.

Sony PMW-EX3, Canon Mark II 5D, FCS3 in Moscow
http://www.mokaeff.com

Return to posts index

Jordan Cushing
Re: MPEG Streamclip for OS X 10.6.8 and FCP X
on Sep 22, 2011 at 9:38:48 am

Thanks Everest, I have installed QT7 and the new codecs bundle released yesterday from Apple... Mpeg2 not among them sadly, apparently it's a licensing issue with Sorenson?

I still believe it's lurking somewhere on my machine already. Anyone know for sure? Heading to the app store soon looks like...

Jordan Cushing
Director of Photography
London, UK

http://www.jordancushing.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]