FORUMS: list search recent posts

Quicktime Playlist (Or Alternative)

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Jordan
Quicktime Playlist (Or Alternative)
on Apr 30, 2011 at 8:07:13 pm

I am trying to figure out how to create a quicktime playlist and haven't had any luck searching around.

I want to be able to play different types of video (prores, uncompressed, h264) possibly with different resolutions, consecutively, full screen for a program at my school. Maybe there is an alternative program that would work for this?

Also, due to the nature of this show I can't combine these multiple videos in an editing program and just have one video to play.

Is there any solutions at all you can think of (software or even hardware)? Thanks -Peter

Return to posts index

Joel Hufford
Re: Quicktime Playlist (Or Alternative)
on May 2, 2011 at 8:29:28 am

Hi Peter,
I think there are a couple of options out there for you.

1: VLC Media Player is a very simple and very powerful multipurpose media playback application that is built to handle virtually every codec imaginable (I say virtually because, to my knowledge, VLC can not handle the ProRes codec) Because it won't playback ProRes files you would have to transcode them into something like h.264 to use VLC. The playlist functionality is very easy to interface with, and the open source developers of the program have released a companion app that allows you to turn your iPhone or Android phone into a wireless remote for the computer you're using. Perhaps best of all, both the player and the app are free!

2: Import all of your videos into iTunes and use the playlist functionality there to build your presentation. iTunes will still let you display your videos full screen.

3. (and I think this one is least ideal, but is an option) If your movies are all the same resolution, you can copy and paste them into a single QuickTime file, assuming you have QuickTime Pro, and then save that movie as a Reference Movie from the Save As... dialog. Then your movies would play together as a single video, without the need to edit it. Again, not very ideal, but it is one way you could use QuickTime, and only QuickTime, if that was your main concern.

Hope that helps!
Good Luck!

joel
Corporate and Special Event Staging Services
http://www.pacificstaging.com

Return to posts index

Alex Muir
on May 4, 2011 at 1:33:48 pm

HI
I work with a product called ~sedna presenter. I don't want to seem like I'm posting a advertisement here,
but if you have any questions please let me know.

-Alex

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
on May 7, 2011 at 11:58:19 pm

You might want to try Cellulo 2
It's donation ware.

Best,

Jeff G

Apple Master Trainer | Avid Cert. Instructor DS/MC | Adobe Cert. Instructor
------------
You should follow me (filmgeek) on twitter. I promise to be nice.
Come See me speak at NAB!
Compressor Essentials from Lynda.com
(older but still good) Marquee, Media Composer (3.5) and Basic/Advanced Color DVDs (1.0) from Vasst.com
Contact me through my Website

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]