FORUMS: list search recent posts

QT Pro overwrite edit

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Carmichael
QT Pro overwrite edit
on Feb 13, 2011 at 9:52:51 pm

IS there any way in QT Pro 7 to do an overwrite edit? I have a movie with a video and ac3 sound track. I want to add a AAC sound track that is the same duration of the video track. So the movie would then have two audio tracks., both the same duration as the video track.

Thanks,
Scott

Return to posts index

Joel Hufford
Re: QT Pro overwrite edit
on Feb 14, 2011 at 8:21:14 am

Hi Scott,

If I'm understanding what you want to do correctly, then this is possible using QT7 Pro.

You need to isolate the track of audio you want to add to your movie in a separate QT player window. So either open the audio file directly in QuickTime, or open the video it's embedded in, go into the "Movie Properties" menu (Command + J), select the audio track you want and then hit "Extract."

With your newly isolated audio track window active, select all (Command + A) and copy to the clipboard. Activate your destination movie, select all again, and go to "Edit...Add To Movie" (Should be Command + Option + V). You should now see two audio tracks in your destination movie properties.

Keep in mind that you'll have to save or export this new dual audio track movie as a new quicktime movie

Hope that was what you're looking for!

joel
Corporate and Special Event Staging Services
http://www.pacificstaging.com

Return to posts index

Scott Carmichael
Re: QT Pro overwrite edit
on Feb 14, 2011 at 1:53:53 pm

Thanks, that worked like a charm!

Scott

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>