FORUMS: list search recent posts

mouse stopped working

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kai Mariah
mouse stopped working
on Feb 5, 2011 at 1:01:53 pm

Hi.
This might not be the right place to ask this question. If not, can you point me in the right direction?

I've been using my iMac (OS X running on Snow Leopard). Suddenly this morning it froze up -- can't move the cursor with the mouse. I'm sending this message from a different computer because I can't get out to the internet on the computer where the mouse isn't working.

I had to shut it down by using the power button. When I restart it, I still can't use the mouse but I can log in using the arrow keys on the keyboard. I tried plugging in a different mouse, moving the mouse to a different USB port, cleaning it, changing the batteries, resetting PRAM, nothing works.

However, I can't arrow to the icons on the menu like safari to get to the internet, applications, etc. to reset the mouse -- but I can arrow over various documents on the desktop and click them to open. But I can't get to Final Cut Pro or any of those applications.

How do I reset it so the mouse works again and I can get back to work.

Thanks.
Kai

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: mouse stopped working
on Feb 5, 2011 at 4:21:23 pm

It sounds like your mouse or keyboard is bad.

Try them on the other computer. It IS possible to do everything on the mac via keyboard; but what you really want is a working mouse. You want a working mouse. If the mouse/keyboard on the other computer works - try plugging it into the imac.

Best,

Jeff G

Apple Master Trainer
Avid Cert. Instructor DS/MC
Avid & Color Videos Vasst.com
Compressor Essentials Lynda.com

Return to posts index

Kai Mariah
Re: mouse stopped working
on Feb 5, 2011 at 4:51:33 pm

Thanks.
The it turns out it was the mouse. It didn't work when I plugged it into the laptop. I reset the iMac again and plugged in a new mouse and now it works.

Kai

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]