FORUMS: list search recent posts

10.6.4 BRUTAL lag on network

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Whishaw
10.6.4 BRUTAL lag on network
on Oct 21, 2010 at 8:56:40 pm

I am running a new 12 core Mac with OS 10.6.4 and I am working with video and tga files over a shared network.

There are several users on OS 10.5 and they can access the network and the folders containing tga files with very little lag or slowdown.

The 10.6.4 users experience brutal lag and while in finder it will take literally minutes to see the contents of a folder. I am also trying to connect to these files through After Effects and it is taking at least a third of my day waiting for files to be recognized so I can import them. This also happens in FCP very often and it seems to get worse the longer I am on the network. It mostly happens with the tga file folders but is by no means exclusive to those folders. It is making work very difficult and progress is insanely slow.

The fact that users on an older OS have no problems is quite annoying and an indication to me that there is a flaw in Macs new OS or how it communicates with network servers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

John Davidson
Re: 10.6.4 BRUTAL lag on network
on Oct 23, 2010 at 9:54:31 pm

Are you wireless or hardwired via ethernet? Gigabit? Airport extreme? The OS is merely one small link in a bigger chain. Without providing any information on your system set up, how can we give any real advice on how to fix it? I

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]