FORUMS: list search recent posts

Everything Crashes -- Snow Leopard

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Pope
Everything Crashes -- Snow Leopard
on Mar 11, 2010 at 12:31:20 am

I don't know if this is an application issue or an OS issue, so I'll start here.

All day today I have been getting Panic Crashes. 7 so far from After Effects (3 from attempted RAM previews, 4 from attempted renders).

I've also received several straight crashes from Final Cut Pro (3 in total).

Here's my specs:

2 x 2.93 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
16 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Mac OS X v10.6.2
16GB Memory

Running a 700GB Hard drive with a 1.5TB Spare HD for projects.

Media is stored onto Rorke connected via MetaSAN using 1GB Fibre.

Capture Scratch is to MetaSAN Volume A (24TB) and Render Scratch to Spare HD.

After Effects CS4 with complete Boris Suite, Magic Bullet Suite, Trapcode Suite, & Zaxwerks Suite.

Crashes occurring today on projects combining Boris, Trapcode and Magic Bullet. Have had image buffering issues on projects with Zaxwerks and plain ol' solids. Also crashes on rendering a project created in CS2 and updated in CS4.

Final Cut Pro (7.0.1) utilizing footage in Apple Pro Res NTSC 29.97 SD. Pull direct from MetaSAN.

I also occasionally get a failure to launch PhotoShop due to lack of memory.

So....what the F is going on? I have plenty of memory and the latest versions of damn near everything.

Any help would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Pasi Koivisto
Re: Everything Crashes -- Snow Leopard
on Mar 11, 2010 at 7:24:11 pm

Did you upgrade the ram recently? To me it sounds like bad ram. I would put in the install DVD that came with the computer and hold down D when you boot it, run the extended tests. There's also an application called rember which you could use to test.

/Pasi
--
Editor, Colorist.
Mac Pro, 8x3 Ghz, 8 Gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4870, KONA 3, Sony PVM20L4, Tangent Devices Wave.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]