FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't install Leopard on a new Macbook Pro

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee Adair
Can't install Leopard on a new Macbook Pro
on Jan 19, 2010 at 4:16:20 pm

I created a dual boot system (Snow Leopard/Leopard on different partitions) to take advantage of some hardware compatibility that broke with my SL install (Duel Adapter, specifically to transfer P2 cards...)

It works great on my Macbook Pro, so I'm helping a client do the same. However, after we create a partition for the Leopard install and insert the install disc, the machine goes into a cycle of restarting. We tried both choosing the Leopard install disc from the System Prefs and holding "Option" at boot and choosing the install disc, but no love...

So, I'm picking the collective brain of this forum to help me figure this one out, and thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Lee

MediaWorks, Inc.
Your Image is Our Mission; 'On Target' is Our Mantra; Satisfaction is Our Manifesto

Return to posts index

Pasi Koivisto
Re: Can't install Leopard on a new Macbook Pro
on Jan 20, 2010 at 5:01:55 pm

Check so that the leopard installer isn't older than the computer.
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1159

If the installer disk is older but there's a update that support that macbook pro you could do a install on a machine that works with the installer, apply the COMBO update to the install and then clone that install using carbon copy cloner or supderduper.

/Pasi
--
Editor, Colorist.
Mac Pro, 8x3 Ghz, 8 Gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4870, KONA 3, Sony PVM20L4, Tangent Devices Wave.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]