FORUMS: list search recent posts

Leopard re-install question

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Brill
Leopard re-install question
on Dec 31, 2009 at 6:03:08 pm

I have upgraded to FCS 3 and the upgrade did not go so smoothly so I plan to make a clean start and re install leopard and Final Cut since I need a larger main drive anyways (250 Gigs ain't cutting it) I have my main drive backed up though me booting from the leopard disk and making an image to a firewire drive. My question is if I re install leopard can I still open this image on my firewire drive and pick media, music, etc from it after my new install of Leopard? I'm assuming since the operating system itself got backed up in there it might not open the way I want it to, but since I already spent the couple hours backing everything up in there I'd hate to have to do it all again minus the old operating system.

So again have pretty recent image of my MAC HD drive on a firewire drive, want to start fresh but would like to pick at the old image to grab stuff occasionally without a complete restoring of the image to include the old install of Leopard. Possible?

Return to posts index

John Davidson
Re: Leopard re-install question
on Jan 1, 2010 at 11:54:48 pm

If you can access everything on it as if it's an external drive, the operating system shouldn't be an issue. Little weird that it's a DMG maybe (Time machine or 'super duper' would have been my choices), but if you're able to mount it, then you're fine. I still have a Tiger drive laying around here somewhere that I can either boot from or plug n play whenever I want.
Cheers!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]