FORUMS: list search recent posts

Quicktime Freezes giving an extra long timeline

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean McCulley
Quicktime Freezes giving an extra long timeline
on Nov 2, 2009 at 3:26:31 am

I'm opening up some .movs that are about 2 minutes long in Quicktime Pro and the last frame freezes while the timeline continues to play for another 15 minutes or so.

When I import them into Premiere CS4 they do the same thing. The clip freezes on the last frame shot while the timeline continues to play for awhile.

I took my mac to the Apple store where they tried one of my clips in FCP and the clip length matched the video length. They suggested to reinstall my OS - but I wanted to check with you guys first.

I also thought when this first happened that the video would freeze while the audio played on.

Has anyone ever seen this or has a clue to fix it?

Quicktime 7.6.4
Mac OS 10.5.8

Thanks!
Sean
I'm also going to post this in the Adobe Premiere Forum in case I'm in the wrong place.

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
Re: Quicktime Freezes giving an extra long timeline
on Nov 2, 2009 at 3:34:07 am

[Sean McCulley] "I took my mac to the Apple store where they tried one of my clips in FCP and the clip length matched the video length. They suggested to reinstall my OS - but I wanted to check with you guys first. "

I suggest the same thing. Those who work at the genius bar are certified in the OS so they are most likely correct.

There are no "technical solutions" to your "artistic problems".
Don't let technology get in the way of your creativity!

Return to posts index

Sean McCulley
on Nov 4, 2009 at 3:58:12 am

I reinstalled my operating system but had no luck. The clips would either freeze or be a white frame while the timeline indicator continued to run. It seems that the clips are playing in their entirety but a LOT of time is being added to the end of the clip.

These clips were originally brought in on a Firestore 100 if that makes any difference. I still think it is Quicktime because old .movs that used to be fine are acting in this strange way. I am trying to determine if these effected clips are ones that were captured over a long duration and the Firestore broke into clips- and somehow making the Quicktime read an extra long timeline instead of the 2 minute clip that it is supposed to be.

They play this way in Quicktime and in Premiere CS4.

Has anyone ever seen this or know what I should look for next?
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
on Nov 4, 2009 at 4:04:41 am

[Sean McCulley] "I reinstalled my operating system but had no luck"

Archive and install or erase and install?

Quicktime is a core component that some parts of will not be effected by an archive and install.

There are no "technical solutions" to your "artistic problems".
Don't let technology get in the way of your creativity!

Return to posts index

Sean McCulley
on Nov 4, 2009 at 9:56:02 pm

I archived and installed. I guess I should do an erase and install. I hope I'm correct in my thinking that it is a quicktime issue. I'm guessing that because it is creating an extra long timeline to old clips that used to play just fine.

Are there any concerns about doing an erase and install that I should be aware of? The word "erase" always scares me.

Thanks!
Sean

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]