FORUMS: list search recent posts

Getting SD-SDI into an iMac

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
steven matthews
Getting SD-SDI into an iMac
on Sep 17, 2009 at 5:48:38 pm

Hi everyone,

I have a lovely Panasonic SDX900 (NTSC version) with SDI board option. Is there a box or something that I can buy which will accept the SDI output of the SDX900 and feed it via Firewire 400/800 or USB 2 into my iMac 2.66GHz.

I've had a browse around but I've been unable to find anything suitable. Perhaps I'm choosing poor key words in my searches.

Thank you,

Steven

Return to posts index

Richard Sanchez
Re: Getting SD-SDI into an iMac
on Sep 17, 2009 at 7:22:47 pm

The AJA IO or IOHD would do the trick. I found a used IO for $250, but the IO will run you in the avenue of $3500.

Richard Sanchez
North Hollywood, CA

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks

Return to posts index

B.J. Ahlen
on Sep 17, 2009 at 8:56:19 pm

I used an AJA IO to capture SD-SDI this way into FCP on an MBP for a long time, works great with no hassle.

Return to posts index

Randy Gorman
on Sep 23, 2011 at 4:57:54 pm

Steven,

My issue is about a one sec lag of audio in front of video. I think this can be corrected by hooking up my iMac to the AJA Io via SDI. Trouble is, I dont know what to do. Unfortunately until the powers that be decide to purchase hard drives for our shows, I'm stuck with dubbing our shows from the iMac to Beta. Presently we are connected from the iMac via 800 firewire to the Beta deck via down to a 400 firewire. How do I correct this lag and sync up a/v correctly?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]