FORUMS: list search recent posts

will new laptops ship with Snow Leopard right away ?

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Willins
will new laptops ship with Snow Leopard right away ?
on Aug 25, 2009 at 2:08:08 am

I'm buying a new laptop next week , and am wondering if all MacBook Pro's will ship loaded with Snow Leopard after Friday ? Somebody at Apple told me that they will clear out existing inventory with Tiger first before all laptops will ship with Snow Leopard . Can this be true ? How do these OS transitions really work ? Thanks BW

Return to posts index

Curtis Thompson
Re: will new laptops ship with Snow Leopard right away ?
on Aug 25, 2009 at 4:52:43 pm

hello...

if you have a laptop shipped to you prior to snow leopard being released, you'll get tiger. if the laptop has been on the shelf w/ tiger on it but snow leopard is out, they'll likely either send you a coupon to upgrade or a disc will come with the laptop, i'd assume...

sitruc

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
on Aug 26, 2009 at 3:08:58 am

[Bill Willins] "Somebody at Apple told me that they will clear out existing inventory with Tiger first before all laptops will ship with Snow Leopard"

[Curtis Thompson] "
if you have a laptop shipped to you prior to snow leopard being released, you'll get tiger. if the laptop has been on the shelf w/ tiger on it but snow leopard is out, they'll likely either send you a coupon to upgrade or a disc will come with the laptop, i'd assume... "

Apple has not sold a computer with tiger on it in almost 2 years. All current computers have Leopard. After friday they will include a copy of Snow Leopard.

There are no "technical solutions" to your "artistic problems".
Don't let technology get in the way of your creativity!

Return to posts index

Steven Lambion
on Aug 26, 2009 at 7:16:28 am

My friend was able to call up Apple and order a new Macbook Pro with Snow leopard pre-installed for Friday. There is no online ability for this though.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]