FORUMS: list search recent posts

mirror image to 40"LCD TV

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Din noor
mirror image to 40"LCD TV
on Jul 28, 2009 at 7:52:44 am

Hi,
i`m soon getting a 2.8ghz mac pro system for my class.
could anyone recommend me a product that could achieve to output a mirror image of my desktop to an external 40"LCD TV which has normal video inputs (NO VGA/DVI-D). i`m looking for an hardware that could able to plug into the MACPRO system itself..I was looking at BLACKMAGIC design/MATROX/Canopus products but do not know which will work pls advise..

thks:
Din

be calm & patience.

Return to posts index

Curtis Thompson
Re: mirror image to 40"LCD TV
on Jul 28, 2009 at 3:32:06 pm

hello...

i didn't think that any large recent lcd like that wouldn't have hdmi or some sort of other type of more modern input...what model is your lcd?

this video might help you out...

sitruc

Return to posts index

Michael Sutehall
on Jul 29, 2009 at 4:18:48 pm

Depending on which way you want to go with this (how much you're willing to spend), you *may* be able to get away with something as simple as a DVI to RCA/Composite cable converter (example: http://www.amazon.com/DVI-I-component-Adapter-Switch-Plated/dp/B000Q6T0OK/r...). This also assumes you are purchasing a Mac Pro with a DVI equipped video card.

The other route would be going with a video card that supports Minidisplayport output, which would allow you to use the Apple Minidisplayport to DVI adapter, which you could then plug into any type of video converter and go from there (example: Viewsonic Nextvision, etc). Apple currently does not have a Minidisplayport to RCA/Composite/S-Video adapter...so it's going to be a little complicated unless you have a monitor that is equipped with DVI.

Return to posts index

Din noor
Re: found an xpensive solution..
on Jul 30, 2009 at 1:57:44 pm

Hi guys,
yes i agree that you could acheive by getting those..but i found a solution but is little bit expensive in order to get a extended or mirror display. but is something i could use for future if i happen to get an FCP7.
taht is getting thje DECKLINK HD Xtreme..

thk for the post
din

be calm & patience.

Return to posts index

Hector Silva
on Aug 25, 2009 at 5:23:27 pm

Get a DVI to HDMI cable. Go into display preferences and choose mirroring and the highest resolution that is common to both displays.

Done.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]